Thursday, February 7, 2008

She's no Emeril Lagasse BAM BAM!

Just becuase I do not like to cook does not make me a bad cook and just becuase I do not like to cook does not make me any less of a good wife! I'm sorry, wait no I'm not. I'm not sorry that I do not enjoy cooking and no I do not think I will enjoy it as I get older and I AM a good cook, and when I cook something no one doubles over in pain or turns green or complains about it. It's all oohs and ahhs so to the women out there who tell me "you'll like when you get older or it's not that hard" I say BAM to you! There are people out there who enjoy cooking I think they call them "foodies" well let the foodies deal with the food and give me a take out menu! In all seriousness cooking takes so much work and I'd probably fall more under the lable of lazy then "not a good cook" I don't like, it's not me and so what? It's not hurting you that I don't enjoy cooking so go fry something and leave me alone. Oh and I hate doing dishes too!

1 comment:

Paul Graves said...

I'm right with you there. I can cook. When I lived on my own I cooked perfectly satisfactorily. But I didn't enjoy it. It was fine, but I wouldn't class it as a recreational activity. Now I'm married to some who actually likes cooking, I don't bother any more. Apart from a big Saturday breakfast sometimes!