Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mind Games...

Have you ever played those like IQ games or whatever they are called? Like what weighs more a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers? Or How many animals did moses take on the boat? (they weigh the same and zero) well one of my favorites has found a recent application to my life as I babysit for 4 little boys now! There's this one question about a fox, a wolf and a chicken. THey're on on the IL side fo the missisippi and you need to get them to the MO side of the river. There is no bridge and you have to use a boat. The problem is there is only room for you and 2 animals in your boat. The wolf will eat the fox the fox will eat the chicken you kind of get the point right? So you can't leave the animals alone with eachother so how do you get them all acrossed? In this analogy the G is the wolf and the fox and E and B are the chickens. I can't leave E on land with G cause G will eat him and so therfor I have to take E upstairs lay him down bring up B get B read take B back downstairs and then go back up and get E. I have to keep E out of G's reach! Yea I'm reading this and I'm sure you're completly confused but G is a sly fox and will tip E out of a swing or end up sitting on top of him if left a lone. I can't carry E and B so E has to be out of G's reach at all times if the farmer (that's me) isn't around. It's complete pandemonium but I love it.

I guess it would help if I explained the answer.... to the question before I went into the analogy. Anyway the Farmer ends up taking the chicken and the wolf leaving the fox. He drops the fox off and takes the chicken back with him to get the wolf then they go back to meet the wolf. The farmer never lets the chicken out of his sight. I don't think the farmer could do that with 2 chickens a wolf like fox and a hyena (that's T he likes to laugh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha that was so beautiful i almost cried. for reals.