Monday, February 11, 2008

Now What?

I havn't been happy lately. I don't mean like not happy as in depressed not happy just a general sense of confusion and lack of direction. I was discussing things with my husband last night because I think better by talking it through. And I came to the conclusion but that I have a difficult time functioning when there's not drama. I said this and he looks at me and literally laughs out loud. He says "have I said that to you before?" "of course you haven't why?" " oh because I think it all the time and just never wanted to offend you". Geez Louise! I could have been working on this not being happy thing ages ago! haha Not really. In all seriousness though, For so long there was always something going on, always something for me to fix or to worry about and now there's not. Everyone's happy! Oh I'm go glad everyone's happy but like it's just a wierd feeling. Now instead of focusing on everyone else I have to focus on myself and I don't like it. I don't like having to think about goals and ambitions and what I want to "accomplish" in my life! When I think about those things it just makes me feel like I'm not doing enough right now and that this impending sense of doom like "crap what I have done in the last 25 years?" There is this sense of urgency to get things done. I use "things" in a very broad sense because I don't know what needs to be done! I don't know if I should be accomplishing more because what do I want to accomplish? What do I hope to get out of life? As my husband would say "what are your priorities?" Well, I don't have priorities so maybe that's my first problem but why do I have to have priorities? Why does it all have to be so confusing all the time. Basically I just feel like I should be doing more. I am at where I'm at in life and so now what?

No comments: