Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The First Step...

It is said that the first step to solving any problem is admitting that you have one. Well I'm admitting that I have a problem! I'm addicted to a clean windshield. Yes, I know that's strange but when I bought a new car and had a new windshield I couldn't believe how crystal clear everything looked and now I strive to keep it that way. The only issue with this addicition is that I go through a TON of windershield wiper fluid. Seriously invest and that stock because I will single handedly fund your retirement! The problem with using so much is that I run out a lot. I think I've put about 3 of those blue bottles in just this year. (reminder it's only been a month and a half into the year) It's INSANE! Paul makes fun of me for it but really why wouldn't I want to keep my windshield cleaner. It's border line obsessive compulsive. So Yesterday I'm on my way to work and I'm running late and I run out of wiper fluid so I stop at a gas station... This stupid gas station wanted $3.16 for the fluid which is really irritating because walmart has it for like a dollar anyway it's cold, it's snowing, and I have to open my hood. Here in lies my next problem. I can't open my hood! I finally give up and go inside and ask the cashier dude to help me. He looks at me like "huh" I think the only English he knew was how to say "thank you come again" (insert simpsons refference here) and numbers. Anyway the guy with the rubber gloves restocking the hot dog thing is like fine I'll help (mind you his english wasn't much better) I popped the latch on the hood but I coudn't find the release to get it up all the way and the guy comes out and he's trying to find it and he goes "i don't know it's not my car" NO POOP PAT! REally it's not your car? I never would have guessed... After that insightful comment I promptly said thank you for your help I have to go and drove the rest of the way to work dumb and dumber style with my head tilted low enough I could see under the mess!

Disclaimer * It's not that I'm angry with the gas station attendant and his lack of communication skills I think the real person I'm mad at is the engineer that designed that hood release. I'll give you a dollar if you can get it on the first try! It was definatly invented by a man because no woman would do that to another woman!

No comments: