So last week I did something really stupid! I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid and even though it wasn't on purpose and it was just a completely and utter accident it no less made me feel completely incompetent. Thanks to some awesome friends they made me feel much better about the situation. Anyway I was given a chance to redeem myself yesterday, and REDEEM MYSELF I DID!! (looking in the mirror "you're good enough. You're smart enough. and gosh darn it Jesus loves you!) and although I'm sure it was mildly appreciated, in my head it might not be enough to prove my intelligence. I guess I'll keep trying.
For your general amusement:
Conversation with T (who's 7)
S - One of these days T I'm just not going to come over and play anymore! (it had been a frustrating evening however I say this to him a lot and he knows I'm only joking.)
T - You can't do that!
S- Why?
T- Because you can't leave unless I tell mommy to fire you.
S - So what you're saying is I can't quit unless I'm fired?
T- YES! Now can I please have some mint chocolate chip?
1 comment:
That is pretty much what it's like being a pastor too. We live on the same turf.
Post a Comment