Wednesday, April 9, 2008
So much for a nice dinner...
Husband and I celebrated our anniversary last night by going out to dinner at the restaurant where we had our reception. It's sort of becoming a tradition because for some reason we always end up with a coupon or a gift card for the place so we decide to go back and reminisce about how AWESOME our reception was. Well as we're driving in the pouring rain (make joke about stupid song here) husband says " I probably should have checked to see if it was open" I then say "no it's a nice place with other restaurants by the same owner I'm sure it's open" We get to the 7 seas and we then "discuss" him dropping me off at the door cause he's a gentleman like that but I said no I"ll walk in the rain with you. (Note to self if he offers to drop you off under the awning take the offer dummy) So sure enough the place is "sort of" closed. By sort of I mean they are serving some taste of wine night so for 65$ and 2.5 hours you can sit and drink wine and eat food and honestly I like white wine but not red wine so for me it wasn't really worth it. I was very disappointed. So we left and we went to one of the other restaurants that took the gift card we had. The drive there was delightful in the monsoon of rain and wind and I suggested just going home and getting pizza and watching a movie and he's like no no we're already out so fine we went to the next place and this time I took him up on his offer to drop me off. The next place is nice just not as nice as the first place and the food there is all German food so you can have schnitzel and sausage and all types of wonderful German fair. Not a cheese burger to be found. So we ordered a couple of appetizers which were big enough that we didn't even need to order an actual meal. I had a glass of wine and delightful conversation and I think OK maybe this night isn't so bad. Well after dinner we retired to the bar to 1. watch the baseball game and 2. have a grass hopper which is the real reason I go to these restaurants because I HEART GRASSHOPPERS! and this place makes the best. So we're sitting at the bar and there are 3 gentleman in the bar. A group of two and then one guy by himself talking to the bartender.... you can see where this is going can't you? The group of two could not use a 3 word sentence with out lacing it with profanities and not even mild ones I'm talking F-bombs like fighter pilots and they were SO loud. Then there is this guy sitting a lone but he wasn't alone for long soon enough one of his idiot friends show up and they start talking about that "man" that's having a baby and they start describing parts of female anatomy that I'm sure if his mom knew about she would smack the crap out of him and that's when I decided it was time to go. I downed my grasshopper hardly enjoying it and suffering the consequences IE brain freeze and we high tailed it out of there. I was so angry with those guys. What freaking idiots?!? There's a reason you're sitting at a bar by yourself Mr. and to the two doofuses who need to expand their vocabulary to include more creative words... there's a reason you're sitting alone with each other.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A) Happy anniversary
B) Taco Bell drive through is open all night
Post a Comment