Thursday, April 17, 2008

Super Human Powers...

I think I was a super hero in an another life. My super power was that of super smell! I'm not sure what I did with my "super smell" but the traces of my "other life" linger in this life. I swear I can detect smokers from miles away! Example.... yesterday was the most beautiful day (minus the wind and the ton of dirt I swallowed from watching the softball game but I digress) and as I'm at an intersection with the window down I smell the distinct smell of a cigar and I'm like where is that coming from? Yea like 5 cars up some biker man on his big bike smoking a stogie. HOW?!? can I smell that when he is in the open air and over the clouds of exhaust in front of me? It made me want to throw up! It's the same here at work when I walk down the hall and the maintenance guy (who btw is a very nice guy) has been in the hall with in the last half hour. I can smell that he's been there! Or in the ladies room when one of the women from an agency which shall remain nameless has come in from her smoke break and the smell just lingers in the bathroom.... Who knows maybe my awesome sense of smell has developed out of some fear from being the smelly kid? It has developed in to some out of control phobia that I would be smelly therefor I can smell things that most people can't? Another example... curry! My co worker has curry soup and I can't even be in the office when she eats it. Or stir fry! I won't go to husband's parents house when they cook stir fry because the smell is so overwhelming to me. Oh if I only knew how harness this power and use it for good.....

1 comment:

Ron said...

Move to Ohio where it's illegal to smoke in indoor public places. You can be the "Smoke Cop." Hey ... it's a start.