Sunday, March 16, 2008
Date Night!
So last night I was finally able to spend some time with my husband. It was truly one of the most wonderful "dates" we've had in awhile. We of course had to look through our entertainment book to find a coupon and he's looking and he finds one and tells me it's card # 35. I said OK what's the name of the place? He tells me as I'm getting ready so obviously I wasn't paying to much attention. We get ready and we go. He tells me the place is on 73rd and greenfield. Well we get to 73rd and greenfield and we can't find the place. Know why we can't find the place? Because husband can't remember the name of it. I knew it had a D in it but I couldn't remember the name of the place either. We decide to eat at this place called Steak House 100. Of course they don't take entertainment cards but whatever we'll just split an entree and appetizer. We ordered nachos and a Jr. new york something or other. As we are waiting for our Nachos we're just taking in the atmosphere. You know maybe it's because I've eaten in some pretty classy steak places but there were some tell tale signs of this place trying but missing the mark. Rope lights come to mind. As well as toothless waitresses, Velveeta nachos tiny bagged croutons and oil light candles (as opposed to real candles) There were numerous other dead give aways but you know what? It didn't really matter because it was one of the nicest dates I've had in awhile. We sat for almost an hour after we were done eating just talking and enjoying the evening. At the end of the night husband jokes... " I feel like I'm living the high life of the middle class" I said yes rope lights and all. It was a good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have rope lights in my apartment. $1.99 at Target. Worth every penny.
Glad your date night went well!
hahahhahaa you two are so cute! im glad we were married for that short time. best day of my life. :)
Post a Comment