Tuesday, February 17, 2009

They just don't listen...

So I recently ordered a bridesmaids dress for a wedding of a very good friend of mine. The dresses are beautiful and I am so excited to be a part of the wedding party. That's about as far as my excitement goes. I am infuriated with the dress shop where I bought my dress. I debated calling them out and decided that I would. So here it is. Blushing Bride in Shiloh IL may in some people's opinions be a great dress shop but they have HORRIBLE customer service.


When calling to order my dress in November they argued with me over my measurements and what size dress I should get. I understand that they have a "dress makers size chart" and I also understand they may or may not have been doing this for awhile so they are pretty confident when they make their suggestions. What I don't understand is how as a business trying to make money you don't LISTEN to your customers. Needless to say I was able to convince them to let me get a dress 2 sizes smaller then what they were recommending, knowing full well that even that would probably be to big. They made me sign a waiver stating that I was ordering something different then what they were recommending so they could not be held "accountable" if it was to small.


Well guess what? It's STILL 2 sizes to big! Not only will it need to be taken in but it will also need to be taken up which for those of you who don't know how much it costs to alter dresses.. IS A LOT OF MONEY!!! They tried to blame it on the dress shop where I got my measurements taken saying "they must have measured you wrong" Trying to exclude themselves from the responsibility of dealing with this issue. So because BLUSHING BRIDE in Shiloh IL does not listen to their customers or take responsibility for customer satisfaction I would so DO NOT give them your business. I'm sure you can find better customer service elsewhere.


oh and here's a picture of they very big but very pretty dress.

No comments: