Friday, February 27, 2009

little kid day at the gym

Last night after work I hit up the gym for a "moderate" run. I haven't done a long run since the 14th due to illness and I feel like a lazy piece of $#!* because of it. Husband is ice fishing so I had no reason to hurry home after work. The gym I go to has a "women's" only area with 2 pretty nice sized TVs some free weights and a nice selection of cardio equipment. I hopped on the tread mil and of course there were 2 other women on the other 2 machines. I could careless except on the very nice large TV in front of us was some kungfu panda cartoon. American Idol was on, Ugly Better was on, I'm sure there were 18 other things that were on besides a cartoon. Finally the other 2 ladies get off and I can change the channel but by this time I'm almost done anyway. (yay for 3.5 miles after a week off) So I get off and I'm stretching and all of a sudden some 14 year old walks in with her 10 year old sister. (I'm guesstimating by their "attire" and the fact that the 10 year old gets on treadmill and turns it to the DISNEY CHANNEL!!! That's not even the worst of it... The 14 year old was on her iPhone (yea that's right her iPhone) TALKING to someone while attempting to use one of the weight machines. I'm all for raising healthy children but the gym has a cage, I mean a room for them. Plus it was like 8pm isn't that past their bedtime or something?

No comments: