Tuesday, September 1, 2009

back to school.....


On our street this morning all the little kiddies lined up and waited for the bus. Then they waited some more.... and they continued waiting. Pretty sure the neighbor kid was out there a good 20-30 minutes. Want to know why? Of course you do. Because for the last 2-3 weeks our wonderful works department has been redoing our streets. It needed to be done because people can't drive fast enough on our road as it is. They MUST fix these roads because 40 in a 25 is way to slow when you have a 5pm tee time. (we live across from a golf course) Well 2 weeks ago they started by grooving the road on the left and ride side and tearing up every one's driveways in the process. I could careless because our drive way needs to be redone anyway. It's a death trap in the winter. Our neighbor's most beautiful concrete perfectly symmetrical on the other hand.... Where was I, Oh yes 3 weeks ago they started this process and today on the first day of school they're finally getting around to the final layer. The steam roller was out flattening the nice tar. Oh what a refreshing smell at 7am NOT. With all this going on the poor kiddies bus couldn't get through. *tear* late on your first day. Pretty sure they didn't care. I however care. I bet the city's going to hear about it.



FYI yes my life is that boring right now that this is all I have to blog about. Except that last night fall ball started and I hit to legit triples and one of them might have been the best hit of my life. I relish it!

1 comment:

Ron said...

it's all good. i'd been wondering about your dept. of streets and sanitation. good to know they are on the job.