Monday, July 6, 2009

When Thoughts Fall Short

It's been almost a year since things started to unravel and I'm not closer to knowing what I'm doing then I was when it started. Today while on a bike ride I listened to SuperChic[k]. The album as a whole isn't worth the money but there are 3 songs that make it ok that I bought the whole thing. I'm amazed at how God can speak through music and how music can speak for me when my own thoughts leave me wordless. (which really does happen believe it or not)

"Hold"
Tell me that it's gonna be okay
Tell me that You'll help me find my way
Tell me You can see the light of dawn is breaking
Tell me that it's gonna be alright
Tell me that You'll help me fight this fight
Tell me that You won't leave me alone in this

'Cause I need, I need a hand to hold
To hold me from the edge
The edge I'm sliding over slow
'Cause I need, I need Your hand to hold
To hold me from the edge
The edge I'm sliding past
Hold on to me

Tell me I can make it through this day
I don't even have the words to pray
You have been the only One who never left me
Help me find the way through all my fears
Help me see the light through all my tears
Help me see that I am not alone in this

"Crawl (Carry Me Through)"

How long will this take?
How much can I go through?
My heart, my soul aches
I don't know what to do
I bend, but don't break
Somehow I'll get through
Cause I have You

And if I had to crawl
Well You'd crawl too
I stumble and I fall
Carry me through
The wonder of it all
Is You see me through

O Lord, where are you?
Do not forget me here
I cry in silence
Can you not see my tears

When all have left me
And hope has disappeared
You'll find me here

Then there is Stand in the Rain and it's really the first part of this song that so aptly reflects how I feel....

She never slows down.
She doesn't know why but she knows that when she's all alone, feels like its all coming down
She won't turn around
The shadows are long and she fears if she cries that first tear, the tears will not stop raining down

So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day, whats lost can be found
You stand in the rain

1 comment:

Ron said...

Excellent post, my friend. I love it when God speaks that way. I'm praying for you as you deal with the past. Been there...