Monday, May 19, 2008

It was a weekend....

I find myself biting off more then I can chew frequently in my life. The most recent occurrence was my attempt at making my furniture in the office look nice. Not that it didn't look nice before it just didn't match and technically 2 wal mart entertainment centers don't make a shelf but maybe if they were painted black they would? Well I attempted to paint a dresser, desk and the to EC's. I shouldn't use the word "attempted" I did it. Only after going into Home Depot and buying stain, which I knew wasn't what I wanted but husband tried to convince me it was, and I should have pulled the " remember the headboard" card but I didn't. (and FYI the headboard looks awesome and should have been done with wood not cardboard oh ye of little faith) moving on.. I hate going to home depot I always feel I lack a certain appendage that qualifies me to be there. And no it's not my brain..... I just prefer to buy my home improvement items from Michael or some other nifty craft store. So I bought the stain and the stain was definitely not what I needed so I went back and got the black paint and painted the furniture. Now from far away it looks great but from close up.... well lets just say the paint didn't adhere as well as I would have hoped. Oh well just don't get to close. I hope nothing I sat on it sticks to it.

** I wish they would make gardetto's and chex mix with out pretzels... In fact, I would like a bag of chex mix that is just the chex!!

1 comment:

Ron said...

what? no pictures?