Sometimes I think God has an amazing sense of humor. This weekend was a great escape from the day to day drama that has been my life lately.
Friday I went out with some friends from my summer softball league and overindulged to a point of sickness but hey I'm young, I chalk it up to a learning experience.
Saturday I decided to take it a little easier. Brewers game with husband and our friends. Oddly enough I ran into one of husband's high school class mates. I use the word class mates because I don't think they were friends necessarily. I met this friend at husband's classmate at their high school reunion and that's how I knew him. As we're tailgating he suggested I come find him and he'd buy me a drink. So I said I'd come up around the 3rd inning. Well I went up in the 3rd inning and next thing I know it's the 7th inning. That game went super fast. Needless to say husband was not pleased and his friends were making fun of him because his wife disappeared. He's OK now no worries and I enjoyed my beer with my new friend. (even though his friend was the one who ended up buying it)
Sunday morning (highlight of the weekend) I met my friend K and her BF out for breakfast in Madison. I hadn't seen K in sometime she looks great and it was just so fantastic to watch my husband eat Panera and catch up with my friend. Best part of the morning is discussing the 10 commandments and how it's possible the church of Christ (per the7th day Adventist impression) might not have the correct interpretation of the 10 commandments. At that point husband says perhaps they can confuse the command of though shalt not commit adultery (this being a direct shot at me having a drink with his married father of 3 classmate) At which I replied well I would only do that for my gimme and then K and her bf and husband and I started discussing gimme's to which K's bf replied "frankly Suzy you would be my gimme"
Suzy = red faced and teary eyed
K= laughing hysterically
Husband = flattered (or so he says because he has this inability to defend me)
BF= pat on the back by K because it takes a lot to embarrass me.
So all in all I'm an adultering drunk!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just another typical weekend in the life of S.B.
Post a Comment