Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What it was like...

Going to the chiropractor was an interesting experience. I walked into the office and everyone was so friendly and personable. The receptionist was sitting on a ball similar to the one my co worker had and I exchanged the story about how one ball melted and the other one popped with her on it. I got the tour and learned that the different colored nozzles on the water cooler were for different tempatured water. Fascinating I know! I think had the intern Mike come in to ask me a ton of questions and test some my reflexes and such. He then wanted to take x-rays. It was at that point that I thought 1. I should have shaved and 2. I should have worn cuter underwear. He was a nice guy but standing in front of him in my paper gown was not exactly a pleasant experience. Anyway that was all done I got dressed and I went to the "adjusting" room. He did some pressure point stuff that hurt like a beast but really did the trick. Then Dr. Kurt came in and it was at this point I thought " I wish they made pants that sat higher on my waste because I'm sure he's getting a good view of my rear right now" He did some adjusting on my shoulder because of the fall and then I had to lay on my side at which point he laid on top of me (in a completely appropriate way) and crrrraraaackkkkk my back cracked. Same thing on the other side. Now the scary part is when he adjusted my neck and sinus. Here I am laying on this table with my head in some guys hands and he's telling me to relax as he is going to JERK my neck and I'm thinking God please don't let him break my neck! I don't want to die here. CRRRACKKK oh that wasn't so bad now the other side he pulls and nothing! Evidently I wasn't "relaxing" enough so he had to do it again. Well obviously I didn't die but it wasn't exactly the best experience ever. Bonus I can breath though and my sinus are draining and surprisingly enough I didn't bruise from the pressure point stuff. So that's my trip to the chiropractor and i have to go back on Monday.

2 comments:

Ron said...

I could do that to you for half the price. But you need to know that I don't take insurance. Or checks. Or credit cards.

Cash. I take cash. Unmarked, nonsequential bills, please.

Stephanie said...

Hahaha! I loved your post! Since most of my day is consumed by boring office work it totally made me laugh!