Hawaii was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! I often times wonder how someone could see a place like that not believe in God. I also think how amazing is this place (and others like it) compared to what we have waiting for us in Heaven. It was spectacular! We did everything we wanted to do on our list of "things we wanted to do" and we even did some things that we didn't know we wanted to do but were really glad we did! For instance.... turning right at the "hygiene store" you know the kind that sells liquor and groceries and walking through a "man sized hole" in a fence, scaling a mountain and coming to this....
Aside from trespassing we surfed at Waikiki and I got up on my first wave but Husband was WAY better then me. We went on a sunset cruise had dinner at the Yard House. We went to Pearl Harbor and toured the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri. I'm glad I did this as an adult (if you can call me that). I think I have a greater appreciation for what happened and the sacrifices made. I mean seriously, I cried at the video they showed before we took the tour. We went to the North Shore and ate shrimp from a van and it was some mighty good shrimp! And we slept and rested and enjoyed our time with my cousin and her husband! Oh and we hiked Diamond Head, ate shave ice (and no I didn't forget the d), drank plenty of Mai Tai's and ate lots of fresh pineapple! We were so blessed to be able to do this and did I mention I got up on my first wave?!?
Well now it's back to the real world of 14 inches of snow and 20 degrees. Oh and yes somewhere there is a video of me doing a hula to the humu humu nuku nuku āpuaʻa song but you won't see it!
1 comment:
oh please oh please oh please! i wanna see the video! please please please! :)
Post a Comment